OBDLink LX – Bluetooth Scantool…
Part number: 427201
Availability: In Stock
Regular Price: $99.95
Special Price: $89.95
For a limited time, get FREE Priority shipping to any USA address! OBDLink LX is an easy-to-use, inexpensive, hacker-proof, lightning-fast Bluetooth OBD adapter that can turn your smart phone, tablet, laptop, or netbook into a sophisticated diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, and real-time performance monitor.
Based on the best-selling OBDLink MX , the budget-priced OBDLink LX offers the same unparalleled performance, delivering up to 4 times as many samples per second as the closest competitor. The ultra-fast response times let you enjoy accurate, detailed graphs and smooth, realistic virtual gauges.
Consider purchasing OBDLink MX if you need access to the proprietary Ford & GM vehicle networks (Ford MSC and GMLAN) in addition to the standard OBD-II protocols.
Regular Price: $99.95
OBDLink LX is a budget-priced, pocket-size Bluetooth OBD adapter device that features exceptional performance, intelligent sleep mode, hacker-proof link security, unparalleled third party app and software support, and free lifetime firmware and software updates. It can be used as a diagnostic scan tool, trip computer, logger, and real-time performance monitor.
In direct comparison tests, OBDLink LX outperformed every competing Bluetooth OBD adapter, delivering 300% more data samples per second. Its intelligent sleep mode (BatterySaver™) allows the device to stay plugged in indefinitely, without draining the vehicle’s battery. The wakeup is also entirely automatic, requiring no intervention from the user.
Unlike the vast majority of Bluetooth OBD adapters, which continuously broadcast their presence and use an easy-to-guess 4-digit PIN, OBDLink LX implements a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, which eliminates the risk of unauthorized access. OBDLink LX’s support of the de facto standard ELM327 command set, makes it compatible with more third-party OBD software and mobile apps than any other competing OBD adapter.
OBDLink LX will quickly and accurately diagnose engine problems and access performance parameters for all OBD-II compliant vehicles. Included OBDwiz software for Windows and the OBDLink app for Android allow you to:
- Turn off the check engine light, and erase stored diagnostic information.
- Read and erase stored, pending, and permanent trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer-specific).
- Access freeze frame information.
- Display, graph, and log 90+ real-time parameters
- Create custom digital dashboards
- Measure and display fuel economy
- And much more!
The firmware inside OBDLink LX is upgradeable, which means you can enjoy the latest features simply by downloading a free update.
LX supports all legislated OBD-II protocols, and works with all 1996 & newer cars and light trucks sold in the United States. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
- Maximum Vehicle Coverage Proprietary connection algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBD-compliant makes & models than any other scan tool (How do I know whether my vehicle is OBD-II compliant?)
- World’s Fastest Bluetooth OBD adapter Up to 300% faster than the competition. Enjoy smoother graphs and real-time gauges.
- Small form factor At just under 2” long, OBDLink won’t obstruct driver legroom.
- Hacker-Proof Unique security scheme eliminates the risk of unauthorized access.
- Read & Clear Check Engine light Check diagnostic codes yourself and make confident, informed repair decisions.
- BatterySaver™ Technology Plug it in, leave it in — without the danger of draining your vehicle’s battery. Fully automatic sleep and wake-up: does not require switches or manual button presses!
- Expand Your Dashboard Display auxiliary real-time gauges directly on your mobile device.
- Free Android and Windows Diagnostic software OBDLink app and OBDwiz are included with your purchase, free of charge!
- More Software Choices OBDLink LX is backwards compatible with the ELM327 command set, and works with dozens of third party apps (including Torque and DashCommand), on virtually every platform (except iOS), across every device category — smartphones, tablets, laptop and desktop PCs.
- Free Updates Download the latest firmware & software to get new features and keep your adapter up to date.
- Peace of Mind Covered by our 3-year warranty & 90-day money-back guarantee.
OBDLink LX/MX Comparison
|Supports all OBD-II protocols|
|Supports Single-Wire CAN (GMLAN)|
|Supports Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN)|
|Bluetooth v3.0 Interface|
|BatterySaver sleep mode|
|Works with all Android devices|
|Works with all Windows devices|
|Free OBDLink mobile app|
|Free OBDwiz PC software|
|Hacker-proof security mechanism|
|3-year manufacturer warranty|
|90-day money-back guaranty|
Supported Devices, Software & Apps
Android Smart Phones & Tablets
Bluetooth-enabled Windows PCs, Laptops, Netbooks (Windows 2000 & newer)
- Recommended Software:
Symbian Smart Phones (Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony-Ericsson)
- Recommended App:
PalmOS & Pocket PC phones & PDAs
- Recommended App:
- OBD Gauge (PalmOS & Pocket PC)
NOTE: Apple products are not compatible with OBDLink LX Bluetooth.
OBDLink LX works with all 1996 & newer model year cars and light trucks sold in the U.S., including all American, European, and Asian vehicles. Live outside the U.S.? Most newer non-U.S. vehicles are complaint with the OBD-II standards. Check here to verify that LX will work with your non-U.S. vehicle. If you have any doubts, we do offer a 90 day, no-hassle money-back guarantee!
OBDLink LX supports all legislated OBD-II protocols, including EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants:
- ISO15765-4 (CAN)
- ISO14230-4 (Keyword Protocol 2000)
- ISO9141-2 (Asian, European, Chrysler vehicles)
- J1850 VPW (GM vehicles)
- J1850 PWM (Ford vehicles)
- Dimensions: 1.97 x 1.77 x 0.91 inches (51 x 45 x 23 mm)
- Weight: 1.2 oz. (33 g.)
- Operating Voltage: 8-18V DC
- Operating Temperature: -4º to 131º F (-20º to 55º C)
- Operating Humidity 10 to 85% (non-condensing)
- OBDLink LX Scan Tool Interface
- Printed Quick Start Guide
- OBDwiz License Key