ECUsim 5100 is a small, lightweight, bench-top simulator that can be used for testing and development of OBD devices and software. It supports all legislated OBD protocols, fixed and user adjustable parameter IDs (PIDs), diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), freeze frames, and many other SAE J1979 services.
The simulator accepts from one to three plug in modules (PIMs). Each PIM supports all OBD-II protocols, though only one protocol per PIM can be active at a time. At the factory, the protocols are set based on the configuration you specify when you place your order. However, you can change the protocols at any time. Please refer to the ECUsim 5100 User Guide for more information.
ECUsim 5100 is a small, lightweight, benchtop simulator that can be used for testing and development of OBD devices and software. It supports all legislated OBD protocols, fixed and user adjustable parameter IDs (PIDs), diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), freeze frames, and many other SAE J1979 services.
The unit has five knobs assigned to common PIDs, a “fault event” button, and indicator lights for power, connection, and MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light). Physical connection to the scan tool is made through a standard SAE J1962 female connector.
The simulator can accept from one to three plug in modules (PIMs), each configured for a different OBD protocol. The user is able to select any one of the three protocols using a three position switch, or make them active at the same time.
ECUsim 5100 features a USB connection which can be used to configure the PIMs and to monitor OBD traffic.
- Support for all legislated OBD-II protocols:
- SAE J1850 PWM
- SAE J1850 VPW
- ISO 9141-2
- ISO 14230-4 (KWP2000)
- ISO 15765-4 (CAN 250/500 kbps, 11/29 bit)
- Functional and physical addressing
- Three PIM slots
- Each PIM supports three virtual ECUs: ECM, TCM, and ABS
- Five knobs assigned to frequently used PIDs:
- Coolant Temperature
- Engine Speed (RPM)
- Vehicle Speed
- Oxygen Sensor Voltage
- Mass Airflow (MAF)
- Supported SAE J1979 modes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, and A.
- “MIL”, “Link” and “Power” indicators
- “FAULT” button
- USB connection for configuration, control, and bus monitoring
- On-the-fly OBD protocol switching
- Standard J1962F connector
- Firmware upgradeable
- Unlimited* custom ECUs
- Unlimited* custom PIDs
- Unlimited* custom DTCs
- Unlimited* custom freeze frames
- User settable VIN & CAL ID
- Send OBD messages under software control
- Knobs assignable to PIDs**
- Signal generator (sine, triangle, square, random)**
- Custom request/response pairs**
- No limits on future functionality
* The number of dynamic objects is only limited by available RAM ** Planned functionality, not currently available
- ECUsim 5100 unit (with 1, 2, or 3 installed PIMs)
- 110/220 VAC to 12 VDC switching power supply
- US style power cable
- OBD connector dust cover
- USB cable
This product is covered by a one year parts & labor warranty.